The Albion Bath Company Limited – Privacy Notice (revised May 2018)
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person/business (who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of Data Subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
In the course of your enquiry with us for information on our products, The Albion Bath Company Limited will collect the following initial personal information when you provide it to us;
• Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
The Albion Bath Company Limited uses this information collected from you to provide product brochures, literature and quotations. From time to time, The Albion Bath Company Ltd will make telephone contact and email you marketing information which The Albion Bath Company Limited believes may be of interest to you and/or your business. In you making initial contact by enquiring of our products, you consent to The Albion Bath Company Limited maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out/unsubscribe (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to cease promoting our Company and products to you. Further data may therefore be collected about you from records of our correspondence and phone calls following your enquiry.
Details of any visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses may from time to time be used by The Albion Bath Company Limited to identify its visitors and to also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
The Albion Bath Company Limited will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing information on its own products, it does not sell or broker your data.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet The Albion Bath Company Limited’s contractual obligations to clients and to respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by The Albion Bath Company Limited and/or its clients
To promote the products offered by The Albion Bath Company Limited.
By agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to The Albion Bath Company Limited processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
The Albion Bath Company Limited may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf (e.g. Albion product mail cards etc.). The Albion Bath Company Limited requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
The Albion Bath Company Limited may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental requests or to fulfil a contract or delivery on your behalf. The Company may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of The Albion Bath Company Limited, its clients and/or the wider community.
The Albion Bath Company Limited will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for seven years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After seven years, any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. The Albion Bath Company Limited does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst The Albion Bath Company Limited is in possession of or processing your personal data, all Data Subjects have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
For further information on these rights, please see the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Should you wish to exercise your right to any of the above, please;
• Email, telephone or write to us.
• Let us have sufficient information to correctly identify you by providing us with proof of your identity and address (eg. copy of your driving license/passport and a recent utility bill or credit card statement).
• Let us know which right you wish to exercise/the information you are requesting.
At any time, if you wish to unsubscribe from any of our email newsletters, this can simply be done by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button on the newsletter.
In the event that The Albion Bath Company Limited refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
The Albion Bath Company Limited, at your request, can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
• Contact details of the person or organisation (The Albion Bath Company Limited) that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of The Albion Bath Company Limited or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
The Albion Bath Company Limited will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill/credit card statement not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If The Albion Bath Company Limited is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01255 831605 or writing to us at The Albion Bath Company Limited, The Factory, High Birch Road, Weeley Heath, Essex, CO16 9BU.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by us, you do have the right to make a formal complaint to us at the above address. If you do not get a response within 30 days then you have the right to complain to the Data Protection regulator at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephoning them direct on 0303 1231113.