SOLUS ROLL TOP BATH
Albion's very first model and still close to our hearts.
A FAITHFUL REPRODUCTION OF A FINE ORGINAL
At Albion, its often called the ‘Gentleman’s bath’. The Solus roll top bath was the first model to be made by us. Found hiding away in a Colchester reclamation yard, an original cast iron bath was spotted. Sitting there, unloved and unwanted, money changed hands and the Albion story begun. Hurriedly put into our van and taken away to our small workshop, we set about making special moulds.
Creating a faithful replica of a true Victorian bath was vital. But developing our new Iso-Enamel material to work with the original shape was a challenge. After numerous trials and a few disasters we had it sorted. Albion was on it’s way and the Solus was born. The Solus is manufactured in one 1665 x 750 (mm). Available with or without tap holes, allowing the taps to be mounted on the rim of the bath, on Albion stand pipes, or wall mounted. As with all Albion baths, the Solus is made from our unique Iso-Enamel material.
The exterior of the Solus roll top bath can be finished in a colour of your choice. Simply choose any paint colour from Farrow & Ball or Dulux’s ranges and supply us with either the name or code. Or, why not opt for one of our burnished finishes? The choices are gold, iron or bronze.
To combine your free standing bath tub with functional showering, choose our Effusio Over-Bath Shower system. This will give you the day-to-day practicality of a shower, but with the luxury of stylish bathing.
- Designed and manufactured in our Weeley, UK factory.
- Made from our unique Iso-Enamel material that keeps
your bath water hotter for longer.
- 1 size produced:
1665mm long x 750mm wide.
- Our Solus Bath is made with or without tap holes.
- This bath utilises our exposed overflow system with a polished exterior overflow pipe.
- Waste fittings are provided in chrome, bright nickel and bare brass to suit your choice of taps.
- The bath is designed to be used with stand-pipe or wall mounted taps.
- Our Solus Roll Top Bath is hand made to you order.
Please get in touch for pricing and delivery times.
ALBION'S ISO-ENAMEL BATH MATERIAL
HOTTER FOR LONGERAND HALF THE WEIGHT
Back in 1996, Albion’s founders had a mission – to create the finest bath tubs available. Their aim was to keep the positive features of cast iron but remove the drawbacks – such as extreme weight and heat loss from the bathing water.
When compared to acrylic, a Solus Roll Top Bath is tougher, stiffer and more durable.
- Your bathing water will stay warmer for three times longer.
- For a given size, an Albion bath is 50-70% lighter than cast iron.
- Iso-Enamel is chemical resistant. Use modern liquid cleaners on your bath surface.
- Hand made. Albion baths are created entirely by hand by our skilled team in Weeley, Essex – England